HKLM/System/CCS/Services/W3SVC/Parameters/MajorVersion Location (Windows 10)
I was installing PHP on my IIS system. When I followed the tutorial from Microsoft website, I got an error for installing "PHP Manager for IIS" - "Fatal error during installation." This usually happened when you use Windows 10. I found the solution from here. But I cannot find HKLM/System/CCS/Services/W3SVC/Parameters/MajorVersion which is the key to solving this problem. In this blog, I will talk about how to solve this problem step by step.
I am assuming you have already installed "Web Platform Installer" and tried to install "PHP Manager for IIS" once. If you didn't finish those steps and don't know how to do it, please use this tutorial.
How to fix the problem:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type
- Select the top result, "regedit Run command"
- Then you will see a window pop up like this:
- Go into HKLM/System/CCS/Services/W3SVC/Parameters/MajorVersion
- Change the MajorVersion from 10 to 8
- Try to install "PHP Manager for IIS" again
Hint: Do not forget to change the MajorVersion back after you install "PHP Manager"